800-338-8304

4050 Westmark Drive Dubuque 52001

  • Facebook - White Circle
  • Twitter - White Circle
  • Instagram - White Circle
  • LinkedIn - White Circle

©2019 by Fourge Social. 

Archive

Please reload

Tags

The Rule Anyone Tackling Social Should Know

 

“Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.” 

Pablo Picasso

 

If you attended our lunch ’n’ learn back in March, you heard us talk briefly about one of the most important rules in your social media strategy. While posting and interacting with your audiences on social media is the fun part of marketing, it’s important that your content is posted with a purpose and targeted with a social media strategy.

 

How do you do that? The best place to start is with one of our favorite rules. It’s something our Fourge team circles back to every month when we write content for our partners. It’s something that’s always in the back of our mind when running reports, covering events, or posting in-the-moment.

It’s the 30-30-30-10 Rule.

 

Different social agencies will have different breakdowns behind their strategies. Our 30-30-30-10 Rule is what we’ve found to be the 1) most successful, 2) most engaging, and 3) the easiest to follow.

 

30% - Promoting your Business & Driving Sales

 

In this day and age, the question is no longer whether or not you need to be on social media, it’s how well you do it. Therefore 30% of your content is the basics: what your business does or sells; this portion of your social media content should go directly toward pushing your business forward.

 

30% - Generating Brand Awareness & Telling your Story

 

Most of the time, though, before a customer gives you their business, they get to know you a little better. That’s why 30% of your social content should be dedicated to sharing who you are, what you do, and why your business is important to you. The better people get to know you through social media, the more comfortable they feel when stepping into your store or shopping on your website.

 

30% - Sharing Relevant Industry News & Articles

 

Next, odds are you’re not alone in your industry and your business isn’t the only one doing what you do or operating completely independently. That’s why 30% (give or take for this one) should be spent sharing relevant news, articles, and information related to your business or industry. This helps add credibility to your company and foster a sense of community.

 

10% - Enjoying your Social Media Account

 

And finally, the last 10% is where you just get to enjoy being a part of the social media world. 10% of your content should just be fun: funny pictures, boomerangs, employee highlights, anything really that you think your audience would enjoy seeing or something you just want to share. The social space is one that’s meant to be enjoyable so while yes, it’s important to have a strategy in place and be intentional with your posts, don’t forget to have some fun with it here and there.

 

Rules are there for a reason, but they’re also sometimes meant to be broken. While this 30-30-30-10 rule is one that’s a tried and true method for the social media account managers at Fourge Social, it might not be the best fit for you. (We’ve even amended it for some of our partners!)  Don’t forget, though, about that 10% - it’s often what audiences love most - and if you need help with the other 90%, call Fourge Social at 800-338-8304.

Please reload

Recent Posts